Advising clients on small business sales
Focusing on small business transactions, this session will provide a framework to advise your clients on the purchase or sale of a business including:
- common special conditions for the sale and purchase of a small business
- examples of good due diligence clauses
- what searches you should recommend to a client before signing a contract
- what searches need to be carried out once the contract is on foot and other key considerations for solicitors to make at this point
- how to prepare for settlement.
You will also be provided with useful tips and checklists to implement in your practise.
Presenter: Joe Kafrouni
, Director, Kafrouni Lawyers and Accredited Specialist (Business Law) – Qld
Chair: Stafford Shepherd
, Principal Ethics and Practice Counsel, QLS Ethics and Practice Centre | Legal Practitioner Director, QLS Solicitor Support Pty Ltd Queensland Law